Sunday, March 14, 2010
I must admit that my digicam made me feel uncomfortable when I was working on my acrylic painting, I don't know the reason. But funnily, I felt very comfortable to make my sketch while videotaping. I got two videos. Let me explain how and where I got influences / inspirations before sketching:
- Paprika and Nausicaa girl characters from Japanese animated films
- Looks of Natalie Portman and Marilyn Monroe
- Joao Ruas and Audrey Kawasaki
- Cathy Johnson's pencil strokes. I learned from her art book about pencil shades / tones / strokes when I was a high school girl.
- drawing speed / face drawing. I learned from my art professors Darnay Demetillo, Robert Acosta & Nolet Soliven in UP Fine Arts College Baguio in 1998-2000 year.
- "Bushes" & "The Way You Dream" by 1 Giant Leap. Long songs make me concentrated to sketch it directly. Their songs make me feel something intensed, dreamy & passionate when I draw and paint. I'm a huge fan of 1 Giant Leap since 2002.
I observed them. Then I started sketching a girl character what I imagined from those references. Here you guys, enjoy viewing.
PART ONE. Rough Sketch.
PART TWO. Add Tones.
UPDATE: Thank you so much, I'm so surprised that my blog on Statcounter has more hits by people! And also my sketching piece got 1,+++ favorites on my deviantART account! Thank you so much for supporting my art & enjoying my videos! Much appreciated! I love you all!