Thursday, May 7, 2015

Celebrate your Inner Child

Hello guys! How are you all doing? Wow, I'm so inactive here in my blogger. Glad I am free to make this blog entry. Anyway, I'm so honored to be part of this super awesome tribute group show, "The Time in Between", artwork inspired by Studio Ghibli's Magic in Bear and Bird Boutique + Gallery.


Glad I was able to make it. This is how I created it. Click to view these large images.




I used gouache and acrylic on hand-textured wood. It measures 15.5" x 15".5 inches. Hayao Miyazaki is one of my biggest influences. I never get tired of his awesome films.


My original artwork is still AVAILABLE


Good news, I have exclusive art prints, woo hoo! You can order them via Bear and Bird Boutique + Gallery website. Here are links, please click these:





Also please see more awesome Ghibli tribute artworks too! Amanda, thank you for inviting me to this super duper awesome tribute show! Glad I enjoyed working with you! 'Til next time! Kudos!

3 comments:

Bia Reys said...

amazing! and so full of details! *_*

Khylov said...

What I like is that you kept faithful to the characters, even the Laputa robot in the background.

As always, even you backgrounds are as much a character as an immersive element. Dig the powerline for some reason, how that and the Kaze house frames the one end of the painting (tied down to the world of man), with the other end being absorbed by nature (more organic and fantastic).

Hayao seems to be having fun running a cafe.

Unknown said...

Glad that you'Re active again in posting