Saturday, November 29, 2008

In loving memory of Alfredo (Pops) B. Licudine


In loving memory of Alfredo (Pops) B. Licudine
September 4, 1923 - November 29, 2008

My wonderful grandfather Pops kept talking to me, "I want you to smoke cigarettes and drink alcoholic drinks for me." But I refused and said to him, "How about ice cream? lollipop?" He nodded excitedly and we ate ice creams together. He suffered by smoking and drinking before he got paralyzed and had a brain stroke past few years ago. We kept taking care of him at all times. Today, I didn't expect his last breath and started crying. I wish my grandfather Pops could watch my "Live Your Dreams" animation and other art commissions because I wanted him to feel very proud of his granddaughter and I wanted to tell him how much I loved him. But sadly, he was blind, he couldn't see my paintings.

Past few years ago, I enjoyed taking photos of Lolo Pops. I saw his different emotions: depression, happiness, peace, love and sadness.


Lolo Pops, tomorrow I'm going to smoke one or two cigarette
s and drink a few beers as you requested me. I never forget you and love you very much.